Monday, June 2, 2008

Shoe Size


Chandler and Monica



In the end of season7 and the beginning of season8, there is Monica and Chandler's wedding.



Chandler has practiced dancing because he wants to dance with Monica without embarrassing her on the dance floor, but his hopes are ruined by his slippery new shoes.


Then Chandler meets Joey and tries to borrow Joey's shoes.






Joey
Chan: -What size shoes do you wear?

Joey: -Eleven. 11 1/2.

Chan: -Great. Because my shoes give me a problem on the dance floor. Can I borrow your boots?

Joey: -I don't know where I left them.

(Chandler looks at Joey's feet)
Chan: -Those aren't 11 1/2.

Joey: -Okay, fine, I'm a seven!! I have surprisingly small feet. But the rest of me is good. I'll show you.



Did you get it what size of shoes dose Joey wear? 11. 5 centimeter? No way!! I didn't get it at first though because we usually use "centimeter" for shoe size in Japan.

Joey said "Eleven". It means 29 centimeters. So 10 means 28cm , 91/2=27.5cm, 9=27cm, 81/2=26.5cm, 8=26cm, 71/2=25.5cm, 7=25cm, 61/2=24.5cm.........get it? What's your shoe size in U.S.? These shoe sizes are for men, and there is also for women's shoe size. For women, 9 means 26cm, 8=25cm, 7=24cm, 61/2=23.5cm, 51/2=23cm, 5=22.5cm, and 41/2=22cm.

Joey's shoe size is seven. It means 25cm. And he said he has surprisingly small feet! My shoe size is also seven too!!!! So according to Joey, I have surprisingly small feet!! And the rest of me is good too!! I'm surprised that we have a lot in common.

Chandler ends up dancing by only using his hands!

6 comments:

Kappa Eyes said...

Great blog and thoughts about American culture.

Thanks for the insight!

Chikako:) said...

Hi! I also wrote blog about FROENDS today. Did you see all episode!? Awful!!Wonderful!! I only saw episode1. And I couln't feel funny. Should I see more episodes? or series?

Tomo said...

Hi,Chikako! Yes I did. I've watched all episode! And definitely you should!!
Getting to know each actor's character, you'll enjoy more! Why don't you just watch friends in order to practice listening English? To do so, some people watch movie and I think it's also ok, but not better than TV show because someone is always talking in TV show and there are many silent scene in movie!
Please watch all season! It'll be awesome:)

neyagawa said...

I like Joey.

マイケル said...

Good thoughts on sororities and fraternities! I wanted to join one when I started college. But they take a lot of time, so I didn't join.
As for shoe sizes, I wear an 11 to 11.5 by US shoe sizes, I guess that means I have big feet! Oh well! The rest of me is good too! (笑)

DiLina said...

Our shoe size conversion charts will help you convert across most sizes worldwide. PRO TIP: If you are unsure if a particular brand's pair of shoes will fit you properly, check how...